This project started as a competition that was won. The concept of sustainable building can be found in the quality of the environment, the ecological areas, the green areas and water systems and the use of solar energy.
'Woon' (Living), refers to a contemporary event. 'Plaetse', refers to an age-old type of square which is common in East Brabant; the plan is inspired by country life, which is so characteristic of Brabant.
The lay-out of the area is that of a garden city in which the landscape has been integrated. The design follows from the existing wet and dry ecological/natural areas and the existing allotment pattern.
- solar energy concept,
- energy efficiency (heat pump, solar panels),
- sustainable building materials,
- microclimate (green roofs),
- birds nest for endangered birds.
The project is selected as a demonstration project 'Sustainable Building'. Funding of the project is done by 'Green Funding'.
ClientHet Buitenland bureau voor tuin- en landschapsarchitectuur
- BEAR Architecten
- De Loods architecten en adviseurs
- Het Buitenland bureau voor tuin- en landschapsarchitectuur